Sheet Metal Technician
$28 / Hr.
- A&P license preferred
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds as needed, standing and bending for continuous periods of
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and read and implement instructions from OEM drawings (in English)
- Experience with proper use of tools, torque wrench, equipment utilized in paint and corrosion removal, safety equipment (goggles, respirators, sanding booth), sheet metal tools for forming of aluminum (shears, brakes, rollers, wheels, shrinker / stretchers)
- Ability to utilize manufacturer's manual and blueprints to properly identify and install fasteners used in assembly operations
- Expertise in assembly and measuring devices / tools, corrosion types and removal techniques, and use of surface conversion coatings for spot treatment of bare metals
- Knowledge of repair station procedures and use of paperwork in relation to repair documentation.
- 2-5 year's on-the-job experience
- Commercial aircraft experience a plus
- Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal parts by using products and processes which are varied but generally not complex in scope
- Must read and interpret blueprints, drawings, manuals, specifications sketches, job orders, planning documents and engineering drawings
- Determines equipment requirements and the method and sequences of operation to be followed in fabrication of parts using materials such as graphite, fiberglass, plastic, epoxy resins, rubber and like materials
- Paint removal, metal forming, fastener use, disassembly / reassembly of mechanical components
- Corrosion removal and surface treatment
- Selects tooling and materials compatible with the processing techniques identified in the work instructions and documentation of repairs
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.