$38 / Hr.
- 3 to 7 years of automotive design experience
- CATIA V5 experience preferred
- Plastics experience preferred
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suites 2007 or newer is required
- Effective verbal, non-verbal, negotiation and written communication skills are required
- Ability to sustain a high degree of professionalism in interacting with internal and external customers is required
- Effective attention to detail, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills is required
- Focus will be on 3D design as main activity; 2D drawings will be completed as needed
- Activities will include section development, component and assembly design of extruded components and injection molded components using surfacing and solid modeling
- Support vehicle packaging studies and create presentation documentation
- Benchmark competitor components and emerging technologies; propose ways to increase competitiveness
- Serve as a SME on company resources for design, analysis, measurement, testing, and prototyping
- Provide technical reports Open items list and / or presentation package to customers and internal departments
- Define guidelines to improve designs and increase productivity of the design team
- Create and maintain necessary procedures and records of product development in alignment with quality guidelines to ensure customer expectations are me
- Work with customers and internal groups to resolve functional component issues
- Participate in Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA); identify failure modes, complete fault tree analysis, and develop countermeasures & revised designs to meet updated requirements
- Drive optimization by being actively engaged in continuous improvement efforts (kaizen)
- This role requires the completion of other duties as assigned
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.