Software Integrator Engineer (C-Programming)
Farmington Hills, MI
- High technical expertise writing embedded C-programming applications (Automotive experience preferred)
- Proficient using software editors, debuggers, etc.
- Software knowledge on following topics:
- C programming language (C++ / Assembler)
- Functional expertise: hardware drivers, analog / digital I / O, control algorithms, serial interfaces (J1708 / 1939, CAN, GMLAN or similar), diagnostic protocols
- MatLab / SimuLink knowledge is a plus
- RTOS: able to understand and configure operating systems (OSEK, AUTOSAR, etc)
- Strong communication skills and experience of software issues to be able to represent “COMPANY” at the customer
- Hardware knowledge related to microcontrollers (Renesas,Freescale, etc) and their setup procedures.
- Debugging skills are required
- Knowledge of software control tools and configuration management tools
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Vectors tools knowledge like CANoe, CANape is preferred
- Knowledge of CMM or SPICE process requirements
- Customer focus
- HVAC Climate Control algorithms knowledge is preferred
- Must be self-directed with the ability to interact with international teams
- Must have a high customer focus to meet deadlines and readjust priorities as needed
- Software: structured editors, compilers, assemblers, linkers and debug tools
- Hardware: emulators, programmers, bus monitors tools, oscilloscope and logic analyzers Vector tools, CANoE, CANape
- DOORs or equivalent requirements analysis tools.
- MSproject, MSOffice, Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Minimum (5) years’ experience in embedded system software design and circuit design; automotive design background preferred
- Must be proficient with Software and Hardware applications listed above
- High level of C-Programming is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering; MSEE preferred
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to travel 5% to 10% annually (for training purposes
- Responsible for embedded systems software development for HVAC climate control units
- Software design (from draft to test and final implementation) for HVAC control units (embedded systems and PC)
- Responsible for analyzing customer requirement and writing software requirements, system requirements and reviewing them with customers
- 2Develop software architecture and design according to internal and external software requirements
- 3Develop C-programming interfaces to integrate modules and meet customer requirements
- Integrate basic software modules and module libraries in order to meet customer requirements
- Enter, update, track and maintain software requirements as per company processes
- Responsible for code development, integration and software release
- A software integrator will be programming in C-language up to 80% of his / her time
- Responsible to achieve customer milestones and communicate clearly and timely with lead enginer
- Cooperate closely with hardware design, test and manufacturing personnel
- Participate in multi-disciplinary team during development of product from concept to
- production in efficient and timely manner
- Interact with testing groups to identify possible deviations and provide prompt resolution
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.