Plant Manufacturing Quality Engineer
Position No Longer Open
- Strong communication and coordination skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings to ensure the understanding of the agreed quality parameters and product specific requirements
- Experience in relevant manufacturing processes and technologies
- Understanding of practical problem-solving tools using 8D methodology:
- Is-Is Not
- Fishbone diagram
- Affinity Diagrams
- Three legged 5 Why
- Experience in product, process and Layered Process Audits
- Ensure the ongoing compliance to the production control plans including the maintaining the document(s) through the life of the program
- Confirm the related test / measurement equipment is used properly, calibrated and maintained, including “red rabbits” for Poka Yoke verification
- Collect, review and react to data collected within the manufacturing process per the control plan
- Ensure the update and maintenance of the capability studies (SPC data collection)
- Supports continuous improvement efforts
- Responsible for the approval and maintenance of quality documentation on behalf of quality as part of a cross functional team for the production line / cell such as control plans, work instructions, boundary samples, appearance books, rework / inspection instructions, etc.
- Ensures compliance to the containment, rework, and inspection processes for non-conforming product
- Quality lead on problem solving team and for Fast Response System
- Responsible for driving the problem-solving process including tool use, confirming 8D content and meeting customer and / or internal response time requirement
- In case of non-conforming product, facilitates the problem-solving process with the relevant team
- Coordinate necessary internal sorting activities
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.