- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an Engineering discipline; Mechanical preferred
- 5 or more years of experience; Experience directly related to the development of Activated Carbon Canisters and / or plastics preferred
- Must have 5 – 7 years of experience in Plastics Engineering
- Must have experience developing designs from Phase 0 all the way through production
- Must have experience working for Tier 1 supplier
- Must have experience with injection molded products such as: headlight housings, intake manifolds, air induction components, any large plastic under hood components, plastic oil pans, plastic valve covers, carbon canisters
- International experience a plus
- Candidate must be familiar and proficient with basic engineering processes and methods including drawing standards, test and validation protocols, leading design reviews and DFMEAs, engineering change and design control, BOM creation, requirements management, prototyping, supplier management, and customer interfacing
- Capable of some advanced design principles and methods such as DOE, CAE to meet objectives
- Ability to identify appropriate analysis / testing to optimize design and mitigate risk
- Strong understanding of product manufacturing related to plastic injection molding, and plastic welding
- Demonstrated ability to design mechanical automotive product suitable for high volume manufacturing
- Working knowledge if statistical methods used in engineering and manufacturing process design, testing and manufacturing scale up; 6 Sigma Black Belt a plus
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.