Product Engineer – Plastic Design Expert
- Must have experience with Plastic part design
- This means understanding Injection mold tooling and manufacturing parameters that would be affected by the part design
- Must be able to understand plastic part sink prevention, parting line area, lifter placement considerations, slide requirements, etc.
- Must be US citizen or Green Card Holder to be considered
- Ideal candidate will also have experience with automotive Fuel related parts and concepts
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an Engineering discipline; Mechanical preferred
- 2 or more years of experience in the automotive supply market in product / application / design engineering roles
- Candidate must be familiar and proficient with basic engineering processes and methods including drawing standards, test and validation protocols, leading design reviews and DFMEAs, engineering change and design control, BOM creation, requirements management, prototyping, supplier management, and customer interfacing
- Capable of some advanced design principles and methods such as DOE, CAE to meet objectives
- Ability to identify appropriate analysis / testing to optimize design and mitigate risk
- Understanding of product manufacturing using a range of metal and plastic forming operations
- Demonstrated ability to design mechanical automotive product suitable for high volume manufacturing
- Experience working with automotive OEM’s
- Working knowledge if statistical methods used in engineering and manufacturing process design, testing and manufacturing scale up; 6 Sigma Black Belt a plus
- International experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Ability to utilize team concepts, along with solid organizational and problem solving
- Looking for product engineer who understands plastic part design at a high level
- Lead the product engineering design and validation tasks on a product development from inception through to successful launch according to the company's design control procedure
- Work collaboratively with cross functional launch teams to endure we provide the customer with robust designs and manufacturing processes that efficient, meet world-class quality standards, and provide good margin
- Develop innovations that provide value to the customer and differentiate our product from the competition resulting in a competitive advantage for the company
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.