Plastics Process Engineer Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree or demonstrate experience in similar position.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an automotive environment preferred.
Experience in tooling.
Plastics Process Engineer Responsibilities:
The Process Engineer must be able and willing to take on challenges in all aspects of an Injection Molding & Assemblies operation, applying him or herself to be part of the team that provides continuous positive results, by using best practice techniques of the industry and applying these to coordinate the efforts of the team, identifying opportunities the quality, production, delivery to the customer while reducing waste.
1. Develops and maintains the process standards in which all parts manufactured.
2. Verifies and applies narrow ranges for optimum process.
3. Reviews production and operating records and resolves technical processing issues.
4. Follows established action plans for processes out of range.
5. Manages exploration of new materials and processes in order to achieve the best quality, process, and reliability.
6. Compiles data and analyzes past and current information in order to assist in the preparation of the budget.
7. Works with tool shops for all tool repair and maintenance.
8. Maintains documentation closely following necessary timelines on specific projects.
9. Identify unstable process windows and target improvement on any aspect of equipment and generator a concise report using corresponding software to convey the necessary steps for improvement.
10. Develop skills to work in IMM, IMM process picker robots, EOAT, slush lines, and foaming equipment.
11. Compile periodic reports for issues causing waste, contributing to the solution and gather information of improvements and coordinate the process engineering team into following the plans to results execution.