Technical Engineering Manager Responsibilities:
· Responsible for technical related continuous improvement and all Engineering KPI’s listed in the Manufacturing excellence glide path.
· Participate in the creation of the Operational Plan and will have specific areas of accountability in its execution.
· Responsible for reporting personnel evaluations; accessing effectiveness of technical abilities, team working skills, leadership potential while providing career guidance / Smart Goals in-line with Operational Plans.
· Review, mentor and establish contingencies and justifications for CAR's, capital budget expenditures, personnel and salary plans.
· Provide input for Business Operating System changes while maintaining an active involvement in the auditing process.
· Model an appropriate leadership behavior.
· Effectively develop personnel in technical execution, planning and decision making.
· Follows established action plans for processes out of range.
· Specifies project management and buy off of new equipment.
· Work with tool shops for all tool repair and maintenance.
· Maintains documentation closely following necessary timeliness on specific projects.
· Enforce safety rules daily. Noncompliance of safety rules requires support with HR on disciplinary action and/or termination.
· Actively intervene to correct recognized unsafe actions and conditions.
· Conduct daily observations of PPE use and safe work practices adherence and coach employees as needed.
· Ensure that all accidents including first aid are reported.
· Complete employee development plans, organize, communicate, and motivate employees.
· Schedule, coordinate and direct all necessary maintenance and construction work and make preliminary, intermediate and final inspection of maintenance and construction work to ensure proper workmanship, materials and conformance to work methods and safety regulations.
· Conduct regular meetings with teams, whether as a whole or through one-on-one discussions. Conduct performance reviews of team members and give feedback, as well as make promotion recommendations or salary increases if and when applicable
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.