Supply Chain Manager Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Engineering or Finance.
- APICS (American Production and Inventory Control Society) CPIM certifications recommended.
- 5 to 10 years of applicable materials management experience and formal leadership experience.
- Automotive or JIT broadcast environment experience, experience with supply chain visibility tools
- Applied lean manufacturing techniques including value stream mapping, leveling demand, Kanban calculations and techniques.
- Applied logistics routing solutions including milk runs, consolidation, and running ratios.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MRP / Order Fulfillment
- Superior process, analytical and problem solving skills, apply/execute formal techniques (e.g. Kepner Trego).
- Leadership skills, influence all facets of the organization, mentoring, coaching and teaching
Supply Chain Manager Responsibilities:
- To ensure an orderly and cost effective system is developed and maintained which will enable production and sales goals to be met while minimizing freight dollars and inventory days on hand.
- Ensure on-time delivery of customer orders
- Optimize personnel, equipment, freight and inventories
- Acquire materials on-time
- Anticipate and resolve problems with short-term and permanent corrective actions.
- Select, motivate, train and ensure development of a competent department and material handling staff.
- Monitor and ensure departmental personnel conform to company policies and procedures while maintaining a safe and cost efficient environment.
- Be familiar with and ethically operate in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and governmental procedures relative to purchasing and financial reporting activities.
- Establish, monitor and control department budget that will effectively contribute to the overall manufacturing objectives and plant/business unit and company goals.
- Employ techniques/methods for effective problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Implement purchasing, production scheduling, logistics and inventory control processes which ensures the availability of materials for an uninterrupted flow of production in accordance with delivery schedules, while maintaining minimum inventories.
- Assist with the development of inventory and freight budgets for the purpose of establishing acceptable inventory levels and freight spend upon which performance can be measure and operating controls affected.
- Manage the most economical inbound/outbound transportation routes, looking for opportunities to combine shipments, milk runs, and warehouse consolidation and distribution.
- Determines what parts are to be produced and when.
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.