Position No Longer Open
Quality Manager Job Requirements:
• Bachelors in Engineering or technical discipline
• Flexibility to travel up to 10% (Primarily Domestic)
• 2-4 years of automotive experience (quality, manufacturing, or engineering)
• Working knowledge of IATF16949 preferred, auditing experience a plus
• Knowledgeable of SPC and ERP software (PLEX)
Quality Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the preparation, implementation, and maintenance of a Quality Management System that complies with IATF-16949; ISO 14001; customer requirements, and company policies and procedures.
- Develops / reviews / revises plant level quality system documents such as PFMEAs, control plans, work instructions, records, etc.
- Maintains plant equipment and gauge calibration schedule including budgets
- Interface with customers, suppliers, partners, and internal stakeholders in both the plant and at customer locations to enhance their perception and understanding of company Quality System
- Actively monitor and report on key customer satisfaction metrics (Claim, Customer PPM, warranty IPTV etc.)
- Receive and analyze customer complaints with support of cross-functional teams, for the implementation of actions in a timely manner.
- Manage Final and In-Process inspections necessary to ensure Quality products to customers.
- Lead plant Supplier Quality activities to ensure the incoming Quality of purchased parts meets expectations.
- Analyze organizational Quality metrics and perform Management Reviews to evaluate results
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.