Sr Controls Engineer
Senior Controls Engineer Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’ degree in Engineering (preferably Electrical) or Associates Degree with equivalent experience/training
• Experience with Computer systems, PCs and software including AutoCad, Programming and troubleshooting of PLCs, drives and robotic systems
• Working knowledge of Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems, Control systems design, troubleshooting and installation, Man Machine Interface programming
Senior Controls Engineer Responsibilities:
DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY
• Applies electrical and control theory to test, modify and diagnose the electronic and electrical components on all production and plant equipment.
• Diagnose and resolve causes of electrical and mechanical malfunctions on all equipment
• Assist the maintenance department in installing new electronic/electrical control equipment and making it operational
• Develop engineering specifications for electrical control systems and equipment modifications
• Provide technical support to the maintenance department when required
• Plan, direct and record periodic electrical analysis on the production equipment
• Recommend and initiate modifications or replacement of equipment which fail to meet operating standards
• Provide training for the maintenance department on the operation and diagnostics of the machine controls and motor controllers
• Provide technical support (as needed) for the office computers and computer systems
• Keep updated electrical drawings and schematics on all production and plant equipment.
• Maintain master backups for all machine programs.
• Recommend the electrical spare parts inventory for all new and existing production equipment to insure maximum machine utilization
• Keep abreast with the latest in control technology
• Develop programming and provide support for Programmable Logic Controllers, robots and Panel Views to maximize both quality and production.
• Develop new and support old programming using RSLogix 5000, RSLogix 500, RSView Studio, RSSQL, RSNetWorx.
• Actively intervene to correct recognized unsafe actions and conditions
• Conduct daily observations of PPE use and safe work practice adherence and coach employees as needed.
• Ensure that all accidents including first aid are reported.
• Provide technical support, if needed, to other AE Injection Molding & Assembly production facilities
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.