- Bachelor's degree required
- Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Environmental, Health and Safety
- Certified Safety Professional or certified Industrial Hygienist a plus
- Working knowledge of Environmental Systems (ISO14001) required
- Basic knowledge of local, state, and Federal environmental and safety regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Manage on-site audits and annual certification programs
- Maintain Environmental Programs as well as maintain and support facility and equipment updates
- Ensure Environmental program complies with all OSHA, federal, state, and local laws
- Enforce and maintain Health and Safety policies, procedures, and programs to comply with OSHA, federal, state, and local regulations
- Respond to and facilitate investigations for all incidents and near misses, assisting with identification of root causes, and driving implementation of corrective actions
- Organize position-specific safety and health training programs
- Review new machinery, equipment, and plant layout changes to ensure a proactive safety approach
- Monitor occupational health and industrial hygiene activities including air sampling, noise measurements, etc.
- Conduct safety and health audits
- Organize ergonomic assessments and job hazard analysis for all areas
- Ensure appropriate personal protective equipment is available for employees
- Facilitate visitor / contractor expectations pertaining to plant safety
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.