- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering (mechanical preferred) or science discipline is required
- At least ten years of development knowledge and expertise on electric and mechanical water pumps, heat pumps, cooling modules, coolant valves and heat exchangers
- Strong understanding of product validation and release systems, services, test techniques and product and system FMEA's or the ability to learn these processes
- Requires a thorough understanding of mechanical engineering principles and problem-solving techniques
- Ability to design / analyze various kinds of components, and provide failure analysis
- Knowledge of plastics and processes used when working with plastics (injection molding, blow molding, etc.)
- Lead programs consisting of electric and mechanical water pumps, heat pumps, coolant modules, coolant valves and heat exchangers
- Design system components to meet customer and company specifications within established timelines by providing technical direction to designers and technicians, conducting meetings and applying solid engineering principles
- Communicate to internal / external customers / suppliers, product definition and key characteristics
- Interface with customer to define design requirements and assist customer in the design of the system
- Identify, coordinate and communicate FMEA, validation simulation and tests to internal project team and external customer and suppliers with the support of the validation engineer
- Design fixtures, establish procedures and instrumentation for specialized system and component testing to provide vital design data
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.