- High school diploma or GED certificate preferred; College or vocational school coursework welcomed
- Must have 3-6 years of experience in a machining shop environment
- Depth of understanding related to machining concepts, measuring instruments and dimensional concepts
- Ability to program CNC equipment is a plus
- Working knowledge of machine shop safety protocol
- Understanding of basic computer programs (word, excel, etc.)
- Operate CNC mill and / or lathe (adjust offset for insert wear, adjust speeds / feeds to applicable alloy being machined, etc.) to machine steel / alloy parts in an environmentally controlled shop (A/C)
- Be familiar with using standard shop equipment (band saw, Bridgeport mill, CNC Mill, CNC Lathe, NC Surface Grinder, water jet)
- Maintain punctuality, work independently, with a high degree of attention to detail to maintain customer deadlines
- Gathers and records dimensions/data in accordance with quality assurance requirements
- Maintain equipment and preventative maintenance
- Possesses the ability to mentor and train machinists who have less experience through effective communication of machining processes
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.