- Requires extensive experience with all aspects of turning, milling, drilling, and grinding
- Experience on any combination of CNC and manual lathes, Bridgeport type mills, boring mills & grinders is desirable
- Ability to run CAD / CAM system, program CNC machines and ability to weld is also beneficial
- Computer savvy with basic understanding of computer programming and CAD / CAM
- Capable of own equipment setups
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings, GD&T etc.
- Ability to operate cranes and forklifts is preferred
- Must be willing and able to work overtime when necessary
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical trade school certification or diploma in engineering or relevant discipline is a plus
- Must have 5 plus years of experience in a machining shop environment
- Familiarity with Fanuc or other machine controls a plus
- We are seeking a Machinist (CNC & Manual) to become a part of the team; in this position you will be responsible for the operation and daily basic maintenance of CNC and / or manual turning & milling machines
- Prepare and operate CNC and manual machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, turning, milling etc. according to machine shop safety protocol
- Proficient in CNC programming, translating instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce the best result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Gathers and records dimensions / data in accordance with quality assurance requirements
- Check and maintain equipment daily to ensure functionality and perform periodic preventive maintenance
- Maintain punctuality, work independently, with a high degree of attention to detail to maintain customer deadlines
- Possesses the ability to mentor and train machinists who have less experience through effective communication of machining processes
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.