Buyer Job Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years purchasing within the automotive industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Knowledgeable in Automotive quality systems and requirements (i.e. TS16949)
- Develop and oversee the implementation of Purchase strategies
- Purchasing research for key commodities/products to support the local and regional requirements
- Raw material cost and trend tracking
- Source profiling and database management
- Cost reduction program tracking in conjunction with the regional operating companies
- Review, analyze and negotiate contracts, consistent with the authorized global and regional strategy, within budgetary limitations, scope of authority and collaboratively with regional operating companies.
- Represent the purchasing department as appropriate in cross functional teams such as New Project introduction
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.