Electrical Engineer - Longterm Contract
$35 - $45 / Hr.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- 1+ years’ experience with wire harness / powertrain components
- Experienced in CAN Protocols: SAE J1939 or GMLAN, etc.
- Preferred experience with VehicleSpy / CANalyzer
- Experience with MS Office / PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Siemens, TcAE, and NX is preferred
- Good Problem-Solving Skills
- Conducts high level engineering activities including decision making related to product design issues such as drawing, engineering specification, engineering cost, development timing, and testing for appropriate projects
- Resolves Engineering issues independently, including root cause analysis, gathering of information, creation of proposals, proposal analysis, creation of engineering documentation, leading the proposal review, get concurrence on proposal, and finial execution of the proposal
- Additionally, provide engineering assistance for related companies and departments
- Maintain Engineering Part List (EPL)
- Release Drawings: Harness and Brackets
- Integrate Powertrains with Cab Electrical Architecture
- Communicate with Program Planning Team and Workgroups
- Resolve Engineering Change Requests (ECR)
- Possible Travel: Plant Suppliers
- Potential for Chauffeurs License
- Design components or parts for commercial vehicles
- Evaluates technical contents and makes effective decisions considering a wide range of alternatives for leading problem resolution, improving quality, reducing cost, and keeping schedules
- Reports activities and decisions to manager for approval and direction
- Maintains project and schedule control and reports to management in a timely manner
- Communicates effectively with engineering, suppliers and other parties based on teamwork concepts
- Manages suppliers or other parties to achieve targets on time
- Assists and consults with other departments and companies providing technical documentation to support their activities
- Attends technical events / meetings at various OEMs, suppliers, and vendors
- Analyzes new technologies and trends prepares various reports and research findings to management
- Studies competitors’ vehicles and evaluates them for engineering research
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.