- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; major in Mechanical Engineering is highly preferred
- Minimum of five years of experience designing and engineering plastic injection molded components
- Demonstrated knowledge of GD&T, CAD, and plastic component design and injection tooling fundamentals
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suites 2007 or newer is required
- Advanced project management experience, and ability to consistently meet deadlines is required
- Lead product development efforts with customers and team members, negotiating designs and engineering requirements to meet quality, feasibility, cost, and profitability requirements
- Collaborate with design and engineering members to create 2/3D proposals for new product designs, delegate work, and manage design changes
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on company resources for design, analysis, measurement, testing, & prototyping
- Provide technical reports, and create presentation packages for internal / external customers
- Improve component designs and define new design guidelines to improve quality and productivity
- Create and maintain necessary procedures and records of product development in alignment with TG quality guidelines to ensure customer expectations are met
- Participate in Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA); identify failure modes, complete fault tree analysis, and develop countermeasures & revised designs to meet updated requirements
- Develop new suppliers by assessing stability, reliability, cost effectiveness, and other key factors
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for automotive part design and injection molding with the use of engineering logic and calculations to develop complex plastic components
Reliance One, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.